The Compare tool enables you to compare:
· Two different application objects.
· The same application object in two different layers.
· Two versions of the same application object, if you are using version control.
· Two versions of the same application object and the original version of the application object.
· Two SSRS report designs, in cumulative update 7 for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2.
To compare two application objects
- In the AOT, select the application objects that you want to compare.
- Right-click the selected application objects, and then click Compare. The Comparison form opens.
Option are Show differences only, Suppress whitespace, Case sensitive, Show line numbers
- Click the Advanced tab, and then set the following options as needed.
- Click Compare to begin the comparison of the two application objects.
To compare versions of an object
1. In the AOT, right-click an object, and then click History.
In the AOT, click the History button.
2. Select the versions of the object to compare and then click Compare.
3. Optionally click the Advanced tab and select advanced options.
4. Click Compare.
To compare application object layers
1. Click Tools > Code Upgrade > Compare layers. The Compare layers tool opens.
2. In the Compare layers tool, set the following properties as required.
Options: Project name, Source layer, Reference layer, only include elements present in both layers
- Click OK to begin the application object layer compare.
- A project holding application objects that differ is now created. The objects are presented in a tree structure and the regular Application Object Tree (AOT) shortcut menu commands are available.